Thursday, February 25, 2010

God Chooses Some

More from "Big Truths for Young Hearts," this time from the section on "Our Great Salvation." The scriptures used by Bruce Ware include Ephesians 1:3-6 and Romans 3:11-12.

"God has chosen some sinners to be in Christ. . . . [It is] important to be reminded of our sin and guilt before God. . . . If God were to leave it up to us, not a single person would ever want to be with God, and no one would ever desire to do what pleases God. . . . God's choosing is never a matter of his turning away some who wanted to come. His choosing is always a matter of his bringing to him those who never would have come."

That's my story. As much as I like to say that I came to know Christ, I know that He had to be at work in my life to make that happen. He was merciful to me by helping me know Him. To some, it's "not fair" that God chooses some. To me, it's "not fair" that by choosing some, God punished His innocent Son for their sins. I'm glad that God doesn't go by my standard of fairness.

-- Joey Espinosa

No comments:

Post a Comment