Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What Does a "Win" Look Like in Children's Ministry? -- Part 3 (Real Stories)

Here are some comments that we have gotten over the past few months. Stories like these are what motivate and encourage staff and volunteers in this ministry:
“I just wanted to say thank you for what y'all are doing for the children's ministry.  I have cared about children's ministry for a long time but now have an even bigger interest (because [my daughter] is now old enough to "learn").  She LOVES church and her class.  On Sunday morning, we were eating breakfast and she told us "Meshack and Obednego go into the fire and they weren't scarred."  I had no idea what she was talking about...it never occurred to me that she was recounting a bible story!  I knew she was learning about them but hadn't asked her about it.  She is really soaking it up.  She is only a little over 2 and can tell you the story!  So...thank you for working so hard to make sure our kids are taught the truth!  She is learning!” (from a Community Group Leader)

 “[We] were walking around at Trunk or Treat, just looking around at everything and [my husband] said "I love our church!" and I wholeheartedly agreed with him.  Thanks for all you do for the Children's Ministry -- I know it's not always the easiest or most fun thing to do. We have been so blessed by things at Grace Church and we are so happy that [our son] is a part of such a great Children's Ministry!” (from a mom & volunteer)

 “I just wanted to tell you thank you again for allowing [my daughter] and I to be a part of the nursery. We are enjoying it so much. [She] looks forward to it all week.” (From a mom and teenage daughter who serve together)

“I am one of the volunteers that helps with Preschool Quest, and [your daughter] is in my class. I just wanted to let you know how much she encourages and inspires me every week. I missed seeing her last week, and I was so excited to see her today.  After being together for a few times now, I feel that I am starting to connect with her.  It is amazing to see her face light up when she discovers something new or gets excited about being with the group. She is just a true joy to be around!!” (from a single person to a parent)

“Thanks for all of the work you both put in towards making the children’s programs at Grace run smoothly.  We appreciate the behind the scenes work that makes it so easy and enjoyable for us to teach and nothing makes me smile more than to see my kids excited about going to church!" (from another mom & volunteer)

You can watch some other testimonies on the impact of Children’s Ministry on our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment