Thursday, March 18, 2010

Making Disciples

God reminded of me of this truth, in “Big Truths for Young Hearts” (p. 210):  As a follower of Christ, I am called to make disciples (Matthew 28:19).  I must be careful that I am not making disciples just of myself, but of Christ.  I must direct others to the love, teaching, and grace of the Lord Jesus.  

Even more, I must remember my role of making disciples of my children.  It is so easy for me to focus on making them disciples of how I do things, how I think about things, how I talk about things.  But it all needs to be about the actions, thoughts, and words of Christ.  Even if they follow me, I need to ensure that I am following and reflecting Christ.  I must remember the words of John the Baptist as he refers to Jesus.  “He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30).  

--  Joey Espinosa

No comments:

Post a Comment