Monday, May 9, 2011

Hold Your Horses

For those of you that don't know, I am getting married in 4 weeks to an amazing, Godly man. It is such an exciting time, and I cannot wait to start our lives together! If you have ever been married, you know how fun it is to plan a wedding, but you also know how time consuming and stressful it can be. In case that wasn't enough already, let's add the factor of not knowing what city you will be starting your life together in! My future husband is a high school math teacher, currently working at a school in the Rock Hill area, but we would like to live in Greenville. So, for the past 6-8 months, our future has been undetermined.


For people like me who like to have a plan, this has been frustrating and a real struggle. There have been multiple times when God has told me, "Hold your horses!" This has been a great reminder that God is in control and knows what the plan is for our lives. We just need to trust Him, hand over the reigns, and be patient.

It was not until a couple of months ago that I became "OK" with not knowing. I have been able to release my desire for control. I know that wherever we end up, we will be just fine! (Nathan (my fiance) and I have prayed many many times for God to use us and show us His will. Yes, we would LOVE to be in Greenville, but if that's not where we are supposed to be right now then that's ok. Our situation has led us to grow closer to God and closer to each other in our walk in faith.

Nathan's principal has been very kind and understanding, willing to help out in any way. We could not have asked for anything better. There has been some interest from the Greenville area, but nothing confirmed yet. Until then, we are just waiting it out to see what God has in store for us.

- Nicole Snyder, Children's Ministry Administrative Assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment