Saturday, October 16, 2010

5 Books for Dads of Daughters

My daughter (and oldest child) Hannah just turned 9 last month.  Growing up with just an older brother, I had no idea what it was like to have a little girl in my house.  So, I have searched for instruction and direction.  I regularly seek out men with older daughters, I listen to teachings such as A Man and His Daughter (Men's Roundtable), and I read books about parenting in general and about parenting girls.

Here are some recommended books for Dads of daughters.  The first two books are recommended by Justin Holcomb in his post called Daughters Are a Gift from God. The second two are books that I've read and enjoyed, and the last one is on my bookshelf waiting to be read.
  1. Why a Daughter Needs a Dad: 100 Reasons
  2. The Love Between Fathers and Daughters
  3. She Calls Me Daddy
  4. How to Be Your Daughter's Daddy
  5. Bringing Up Girls
What about you?  Have you read any of these?  What did you think?  Any other books or resources that you'd recommend to a Dad of a precious girl?

--  Joey Espinosa

2 comments:

  1. Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters

    http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Fathers-Daughters-Secrets-Father/dp/1596980125

    ReplyDelete