Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!

Have you had one of those days when you feel like no one else understands? I had one of those days recently. I was at the end of my rope. Trying with all of my might to just get through the day. I spoke with a dear friend, and she was such an encouragement to me! She shared Truth that I had lost my focus. She was so right! I had gotten mired down in the "poor me" attitude. Satan had attacked in numerous ways, and I had let my guard down. My attitude and reactions were a reflection of my very bad day. I was miserable. I was relying on me, not God.

My hope and faith are in Christ alone! Why is it so hard for me to remember this during my "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days?" I am focused on me. I know that it is for my good that I go through struggles, but if I stay focused on me and not God, I will continue to have "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days" during these struggles. Not to say that I won't have bad days, but my hope should be in God. Having faith that I will come through the struggles. I always have the choice of accepting or rejecting what God is teaching me. My life will reflect these choices.

I am so thankful for the willingness of my dear friend to share with me. I did fall that day, and will do so again. But God is faithful! He pointed out my sin, and wanted to change me to bring Him glory. We all go through struggles, and will go through more. We are called to share with one another to encourage each other. Not everyone has the same struggles, but someone has had the same learning experience as each of us. We are not alone!

Be encouraged today that someone has felt the way you have. We always have someone further along in life to encourage us, and someone coming in the future for us to encourage on our life journey. Know that we are an example to others. God is preparing us for His plan. 2 Corinthians 4:17, "For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison." What is your affliction today? Are you willing to share with others what God is teaching you?

- Kathryn Sanders, Powdersville Campus Children's Director

No comments:

Post a Comment